Wednesday, December 19, 2007

RSS -Really Somewhat Skeptical

Admission #1: I never knew - and never though about what RSS stood for (and I usually am curious - I know that URL is Uniform Resource Locator and PDF is portable document file) but I never thought much about RSS. Really Simple Syndication!!! Who thought of that?

Okay, I admit it. This one doesn't really thrill me. I think I could get really overwhelmed with too much input coming in. I'm just not sure why I'd want to use this. On the other hand, I guess if you want to keep up on a little bit of everything, you could quickly scan through a lot -- or if you were doing specific research and wanted to be up on everything in your field, sure. But it's not a form that jumps up and grabs my interest...feels like it might just make me feel a touch overloaded.

No comments: