Friday, December 21, 2007

#15 Library 2.0

Lots to think about here, especially from my non-librarian perspective. I facilitate computer BASICS ( press the start key, click with a mouse, etc). My first thoughts was that for those who cannot even do a rudimentary internet search - this 2.0 stuff is not at all relevant. But then I started to think a little more and realized maybe we need to rethink the basics - are there parts of what is/will be Library 2.0 that we should be and could be incorporating into sessions? Makes me want to revisit the curriculum and see what it is that needs reworking.

2 comments:

hood_and_hat said...

I'm not sure if you would want to incorporate 2.0 things in a basic class, but I could see a class on Flickr and digital photos being popular.

Then again, wouldn't it be fun to incorporate YouTube videos or other tutorials in classes? Participants might need head phones for sound, though.

love2learn said...

I'm thinking about something much simpler, like "Letter James" to send ecards. That would be about session 9 of a basic class - just after they learn to send email.